Location: Woodbury, NY
Date Posted: August 13, 2015
Employment Status: Full-Time
Valiant services over 3,000 companies across the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. We are committed to maintaining our position as the finest and most responsive workforce management solution provider in the industry. Our mission is to help our clients achieve verifiable cost savings and margin improvement while automating and streamlining operations, increasing efficiency and implementing best practices across their organization.
Back to Job Openings
The Distribution Associate is responsible for coordinating the payroll distribution process including reports and check sorting, stuffing, sealing, packaging and shipping. Ensures that these functions are completed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations. Keeps management well informed of activities and significant problems.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of payroll distribution for the payroll department
- Manages distribution of all department payrolls based on individual client wrap-up instructions.
- Sorts and packs client reports, third party checks and invoices, according to client wrap-up instructions and department guidelines.
- Visually inspects check printing to ensure checks are legible and aligned properly.
- Verify counts for each payroll run and recording them on audit sheet. Notify manager of any discrepancies in count.
- Utilize Check Reprint Log to record checks that have to be reprinted due to malfunction of printers or inserters.
- Responsible for the packaging of all payrolls and ensuring that it is secure, accurate in content and professional in appearance.
- Maintains client information and updates as necessary in compliance with confidentiality. Also updates delivery information and changes, and updates payroll process schedules.
- Utilize Payroll Pick-up log, ensuring all payrolls picked-up from Valiant are signed for by a valid client contact.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively tracking packages and resolving issues with clients.
- Support area personnel as required
- Participates in meetings as required.
- Participates in the year end process of stuffing, sealing and packing and shipping of W-2 form and reports.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the inserter and informs management of any problems.
- Ensures work area is clean and well maintained and kept secure.
Scope and Impact
Works under general supervision and errors at this level can cause delay, expense and/or service disruption
High school diploma or GED
Skills, Licences, and Certifications
- Ability to excel in a team-based environment
- A working knowledge of current industry trends, standards and practices
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and problem resolution
- Ability to utilize new tools and technologies in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to present information and ideas clearly and concisely
- Good quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required. Attention to detail is a must
- Effective learning skills
Additional Comments/Critical Success Factors
- Must be self-motivated and support a changing environment and culture
- Position will require off-hours and weekend work – as defined by department management
- Travel < 20%
- Need to lift up to 20 pounds
- The successful employee will need to handle users that may not be very happy nor very patient. The position has a bit of freedom associated with it.
- A successful employee will be able to fill his/her time with helping others, researching problems, and studying different computer references
- We wish to see all employees better themselves within the realm of their position. This can be done with off-site training, computer based training (CBT), Internet exploration, and reading of different industry publications
- At no time should an employee have downtime
- The employee is expected to keep management abreast of all tasks during a given day
It is the standard of Valiant to give all applicants for employment equal consideration regardless of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other factor covered by applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
Valiant will not accept resumes from recruiters, headhunters, placement agencies, or any other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.